Saturday, September 14, 2013

Busy days ahead

Looking at my upcoming travel schedule I almost feel a bit dizzy! I am just back from a terrific US trip  - one of the highlights was meeting the talented and motivated young students at Georgia State University’s Robinson Collage. I had the chance to address around 500 of them at the AIESEC / GSU organized Global Business Forum last week. The students had done a terrific job in putting together an inspiring morning on the future of sustainability. I am always reassured about the future of our planet after meeting with students around the world who do not only genuinely care but who get actively involved. I must have talked to 50 students after my keynote and all of them had great stories to tell about how they are making a difference to our communities and to the world. Impressive – and much needed for sure.

I am now embarking on my next trip to Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Abu Dhabi before returning to the US for a week full of really exciting meetings and opportunities to meet inspiring people. During my trip to the Midde East I get to address such important topics as education and entrepreneurship training at the World 2013 event. I am particularly looking forward to a dinner with over 40 Saudi Business women and to meeting the president of the Prince Nora University. Great stuff…back in the US I will participate in a panel discussion at the Clinton Global Initiative on partnering with Non Profits and government, success measures and learnings so we can all share best practices. I also get to talk at the upcoming Concordia event in NYC and finally will be able to address quite a few young people at the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park. WOW! From there I am off to Johannesburg for the ONE YOUNG WORLD congress and back to Europe for a JA Board meeting and a special gathering at the Vatican to discuss IT trends.

More to come …..

No comments:

Post a Comment