Monday, July 22, 2013

More highlights from DLDwomen 2013

Earlier this week I posted a note about presenting the DLD Women Impact Award to Juliana Rotich (CONGRATS AGAIN to the fabulous Juliana!!).  Here are some of my other highlights of #DLDW13:

-          I got to meet Charlotte Oates from Coca Cola – Charlotte and I were interviewed on stage by Wired magazine journalist David Rowan - he asked us about our social and environmental company initiatives and why we are investing in these sustainability and social innovation programs…the key point that I think most people don’t get is that we simply cannot continue to apply the “maximization of shareholder wealth model” to the way we run our businesses.  ALL companies need to make sustainability part of the core strategy in order to protect our planet and the ever growing population.. this is not about PR or Marketing – it is about our future and the future of those to come… we have so many burning platforms from the high youth unemployment to climate change – we have to act with a sense of urgency.


-          I also attended a UNICREDIT/HVB Luncheon for highly innovative young female entrepreneurs that have won the UNICREDIT Company Founder Awards. I was amazed by the energy of those young women entrepreneurs and the fabulous businesses they are managing. Well done! I will be watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment